Once again, PInterest provided me with inspiration! Man, I love Pinterest…
So, here is the link to the source for my recipe:
It is from a blog called “Delicious as it Looks”.
Hubby gave it a 9 and I gave it an 8, so it evened out to an 8.5/10 🙂
Here is the recipe:
Loaded Baked Potato Chicken Casserole
- 3 – 4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed and diced (about 1.5 lbs. or 4 1/2 cups)
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp, cooled and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9″ x 9″ baking pan or casserole dish.
- Spread half of the diced potatoes in bottom of pan. Place the diced chicken breasts evenly on top. Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Sprinkle with half the bacon crumbles, 1/2 cup of the cheese, and half the green onions.
- Spread the remaining diced potatoes on top, followed by the remaining bacon, another 1/2 cup cheese, remaining green onions and another 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Dot with the butter. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Uncover, pouring out excess liquid and bake another 30 minutes. In the last few minutes of baking, sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and bake until melted. Serve.
*Serve with sour cream!
Whimzy loved it! She also ate plain lettuce, so I’m not sure if you want to take her opinion on food.
I know, two recipes in one day? I think I am getting my moxie back! Moxie? Yeah, we are watching Night at the Museum 2 as I type. I love Amy Adams….