Over in another world of WordPress, lurks @snapshotsincursive. She did this awesome thing of passing an award around the blogger world: “Sisterhood of the World” award! I, myself was nominated by @grippingblack.
So, here is the deal; are you nominated? YAY! Answer the 10 questions that I am going to post towards the end of this post and nominate some more lady bloggers! Also, go back to the original blog and post the logo somewhere on your blog!
Just like I did right there, in the middle of a post! MWAHAHA!
Then, make up 10 questions for the people you nominated to answer! Let’s make this go around the world! And yes, I am totally using a lot of !’s because it is damn exciting. Hold on to the end of this post to even more exciting information!!
Copied and Pasted directly from Gripping Black, my questions are as follows:
(1) What do blog awards mean to you?
They are a sort of nod towards my writing and life. I honestly geeked out. This was my first one!!! Also, I now feel like I am part of a giant snuggly pile of cuddles from random, inspiring women.
(2) If you had any creative skill what would you choose?
I would want to put my thoughts down more clearly. Sometimes I find myself face to face with a wall from my mind down to my fingers.
(3) What’s your favourite animal?
Anything that will love and cuddle me. No, seriously….
(4) If you could learn any language which would you choose?
Italian. I would feel closer to my great grandfather, and also, I’d get to sound snobby in Italian Restaurants.
(5) What advice would you give your younger self?
Stop holding onto random people to help you ride out the storm! Learn to float on your own!
(6) If you could live in any fictional world, which one would it be?
Gah! This is so hard! There are so many amazing fictional worlds. I think I’d live in the Tardis. Besides the unlimited decorating possibilities, the Doctor is in there somewhere. Close second would be Terre D’Ange from Jacqueline Carey’s Kushiel trilogies.
(7) If you had to eat one food all day long, what would it be?
Noodles!! ALL THE NOODLES!!!
(8) In your dreams, if you could be famous for one thing, what would it be?
My mental illnesses. Honestly. But, in a good way. I would want to help and inspire others.
(9) What’s one thing that makes you stand out?
My amazingly small feet…oh, wait, you mean in blogs, don’t you? Hmmm…my rambles.
(10) How have you lived your dreams so far?
I have gotten out of bed when I wanted to hide, and all real-life dreams start out that way, so I would have to say that it is a great start!
Questions for my nominees:
- How many pillows do you sleep with?
- What is the hardest thing you’ve done today?
- If you could instantly learn one skill, what would it be?
- If you had to lose one sense, what would it be and why?
- What would your superhero name be?
- If your life had to be told on a TV channel, which channel would it be?
- What word makes you cringe?
- What is the one thing you always have in your purse?
- Favorite toy as a child?
- Most embarrassing thing in your nightstand drawer that isn’t sexual?
Oooh! Answer them all, ladies!
Okay, in other news:
I just tweeted on Twitter. Not a huge deal, per se, but I tweeted on Twitter only moments after reading Felicia Day’s autobiography, “You’re Never Weird on the Internet…Almost”. I posted a sufficiently kiss butt tweet, because, let’s face it, it was amazing and made me cry a few times. Then, she FAVORITED MY TWEET! Felicia Day deigned to notice my attempt at praise. After reading the book, I know how down to earth she is, and how she totally sounds like a person I’d invite over to hang out while wearing fuzzy teenage mutant ninja turtle pants. Want to see the awesomeness that Felicia Day actually favorited? Check out my Twitter!
Also, please lawyers from Felicia Day’s savvy team, I am not getting any money from this blog, so any cease and desist letters would be overkill, I promise!
It seemed almost fated that I would read this book, then get on my blog for the first time after receiving this nomination. I was already feeling uber love towards my fellow lady geeks, but now I am feeling the love back!